Facility Use Information
- Board Policy GKD (Local) permits public use of school facilities by non-school groups for educational, recreational, civic, or social activities, when these activities do not conflict with school use or Board Policy. Non-school groups are organizations other than school-sponsored groups (e.g., student clubs, school teams) and school support groups (e.g., PTAs, booster clubs).
Management Assistant to the Principal
Austin HS Facility Manager
Austin High School
1715 Cesar Chavez
Austin, TX 78703
- Organizations requesting use of school facilities must submit a Building Use Application to the facility manager for approval and signature three weeks prior to the date of the event.
- The following requirements for organizers and individuals involved in temporary food service operations in Austin and Travis County:
- An AISD Food Services employee must be present if AISD kitchens are used. If any food not prepared in an AISD kitchen will be served, a Temporary Food Event Permit must be obtained from the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department (application attached).
- Contact the Food Services Manager at your campus at least 10 days prior to event. For large events, it may be necessary for the event organizer to meet 1 month prior to the event in order to properly plan food and sanitation facilities.
- Complete and submit the Temporary Food Event Information Form.
- Facility Manager approves or disapproves the request and forwards the application to the Dept. of School, Family & Community Education/Facility Use at the Southfield Building 4000 S. IH 35 Austin, TX 78704.
- Facility Manager makes custodian, utility and other arrangements necessary to support the facility use request.
- The Dept. of School, Family & Community Education sends the applicant written notification of the approval or disapproval of the facility use request with an invoice outlining payment due to cover cost of event.
- Policy requires all building/custodial fees be collected in advance so the AISD budget is not negatively affected. Payments received are deposited in the District’s general fund. Fifty percent (50%) of the Facility Use Fees are rebated to the campus.
- Additional security or parking coordination may be required for certain events. The group will be charged for security above and beyond the usual coverage.
- Austin High PAC (Auditorium $300.00) IS NOT RENTED OUT TO THE PUBLIC
- Austin High Large Area (Gym, Library, Cafeteria): $225.00 per day
- Austin High Classrooms: $50.00 per classroom / hour
- Reservation of Austin HS Grounds: $80.00 per hour
- Reservation of Austin HS Parking Lot: $100.00 per hour
- Custodial: $35.00 per custodian / hour (Flat Rate)
- Minimum Custodian Costs of $35 an hour per custodian on duty will be charged in addition to the facility use fee. If actual custodian costs are higher than $35 per hour, the actual cost will be charged. Custodian costs begin at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the event and continue at least 30 minutes after the end of the event. Fees for additional staff and services will also be charged at a flat rate of $35.00 per hour unless otherwise indicated. Custodial timesheets cannot be processed without the Building Use Application.
- Waivers and Discounts are not applicable to fees required to cover custodian or other support staff costs.
- Non-profit organizations (with a valid federal 501(c)(3) or a non-profit status letter from the State Comptroller’s Office) receive a 50% discount on Facility Use Fees. Fees may be further reduced or waived if the event is deemed to be a particular benefit to the District, school or community and custodian costs are covered.
How do I know if a Austin High is available for use?
- Contact the Facility Manager Linda Garcia directly at 512-414-7200 or by email Linda.A.Garcia@austinisd.org to inquire about facility availability
- Click on the link to download a building use application for school groups or non-school groups. Once the application has been completed, submit the application to Linda.A.Garcia@austinisd.org with a copy of the organization insurance (If non-school group). The Facility Manager is authorized to approve or deny use of facilities on their campus. Although you may fill it out electronically, please be sure to sign on the second page under applicant.
- You must submit your application to Austin High at least three weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Once the Office of Facility Use has received the building use application from the campus, the applicant will be notified via email or U.S. mail of approval or disapproval of the request for use of facilities.
- The applicant must not make firm plans, advertise activities, or sell tickets to an event prior to receiving written approval for the use of school facilities. [GKD(REGULATION)]
- Payment for an event is due 10 days prior to the event. Fees shall be paid directly to the Office of Facility Use, not to Austin High or employee of the District. Payment can be submitted by mail or in person to Facility Use Office 4000 S. IH 35 Austin, TX 78704, and made payable to Austin Independent School District. Credit/debit card payment (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express) can be submitted by phone to Estella Flesch at 512-414-0546.
- Applicants must give written notice of cancellation by mail, e-mail or fax to the Facility Manager and the Office of Facility Use at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled activity. Applicants who fail to give notice shall be responsible for costs incurred by the district.
- After school enrichment programs, Boy/Girl Scouts, church services, home owner association meetings, sports events, camps, tournaments, etc., are permitted.
- Events such as private parties, birthday parties, weddings, family reunions, etc., are not permitted.
- The district receives many requests from a wide variety of programs that support the district and students. In order to assure fair treatment for all patrons, facility use fees will be charged according to the Facility Use Fees. Separate fees are charged to cover the general costs associated with facility use and the direct costs of custodian, building supervision, and other services. Non-profit organizations with a valid federal 501(c)(3) or a non-profit status letter from the State Comptroller’s Office receive a 50 percent facility fee reduction.
- If an organization is holding an event that is fee-based to participants or donations are accepted, then rental fees would apply.
- Alcoholic beverages and the use of tobacco products are not permitted on school property at any time.
- Building Use Application to be signed and approved by the Facility Manager at least three weeks prior to the event date.
- Brief synopsis of the film and film script to be emailed to the Facility Use Office for review.
- A film or commercial cannot be rated “R” or “X”.
- If the film or commercial is approved, the organization must use the District’s Location Release Agreement which states that a film cannot be rated “R” or “X” and the name of the school or the District’s name may not be revealed.
- Liability insurance to be submitted naming the District as an additional insured. Please view the Insurance Guidelines for Outside Vendors & Contractors and/or Sole Proprietors. If you have questions regarding the specific requirements, please contact the Director of Risk Management, Izzy Williams Zandany, at (512) 414-2295.
- The Facility Use Office will process the application and assess fees.