The Austin Chamber, in collaboration with the White House and First Lady Michelle Obama's Reach Higher initiative, will offer Central Texas seniors who complete a FAFSA before 5pm onMarch 14 a chance to see the First Lady on March 16 at SXSW Music for her keynote address! The contest supports FAFSA filing over spring break and in advance of impending March 15th priority deadlines for Texas Grants and other aid. A total of 80 students will win this opportunity, 2 per high school.
March 15th is the statewide deadline for the $700 million TEXAS Grant scholarship.
We are pleased to offer this opportunity for Central Texas students to help you encourage FAFSA completion on your high school campuses and support the Reach Higher campaign.
COMPLETE YOUR FAFSA BY MARCH 14, WIN CHANCE TO MEET MICHELLE OBAMA
TWO WINNERS PER HIGH SCHOOL
Contest Overview: First Lady Michelle Obama's Reach Higher initiative wants every student to take charge of his or her future by pursuing college. The Austin Chamber of Commerce works with 13 Central Texas school districts and public charter schools to prioritize financial aid because we know that students can’t pursue post-secondary education unless they can afford it.
In connection with the First Lady’s visit to SXSW, we are proud to announce a contest for TWO seniors from each participating Central Texas high schools to see the First Lady on March 16.
To be eligible to win, students must:
- File their FAFSA no later than 5 PM Central Time on Monday, March 14th. If selected, student winners must scan and submit their FAFSA confirmation page to Andrew Feller at email@example.com
- Register for contest at: https://www.financialaidsaturdays.org/flotus.html
- Paste the Tweet below to their personal Twitter account:
- I filed my FAFSA, have you? File by 3/14 to meet @FLOTUS during #SXSW! @austinchamber @ReachHigherATX contest here: http://bit.ly/24Elcge
- Be currently enrolled in a high school from one of the following school districts or charter schools:
- Austin ISD, Del Valle ISD, Elgin ISD, Hays CISD, Hutto ISD, Leander ISD, Lockhart ISD, Manor ISD, Pflugerville ISD, Round Rock ISD, KIPP Austin Public Schools, Harmony Public Schools, and NYOS
The Chamber will randomly select two eligible students from each of the 40 high schools (80 total) representing the districts/charters mentioned above. The contest begins immediately and ends Monday, March 14th at 5 PM. Winners will be emailed and called by the Chamber no later than 12 PM the following day, Tuesday, March 15th.
Winners will be sent additional information and must follow-up with all additional items by 5 PM on Tuesday, March 15th. Winners may also be subject to a security clearance.
If the event must be postponed for any reason, the Austin Chamber and the White House reserve the right to cancel and reschedule.
If at any time you need assistance, regarding rules/conditions of this contest please contact Andy Feller, Director of Education Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-322-5644.